Washington Elder Law Attorneys
Legal Guidance for Elderly People & Their Families
Older generations are among the most vulnerable populations in this country. Thankfully, there are many legal protections in place to safeguard the rights of the elderly and their families. Elder law is an important legal area that focuses on protecting our nation’s elders and ensuring they have advocates on their side. Our lawyers can help you understand complex legal issues and make decisions that are in the best interest of yourself or an older family member.
To schedule a free 15-minute consultation, send us a message or call (800) 220-4205 today.
Elder Law Cases We Handle
Elder law covers a wide variety of different issues. Estate planning is a major aspect of elder law, as well as legal processes that are centered on establishing care plans and securing benefits for older people who need specialized healthcare or assistance with their daily activities.
We assist clients with cases such as:
- Estate planning: Creating an estate plan is essential for ensuring your wishes are properly carried out after death. We can assist you with wills, trusts, and other estate planning tools.
- Veterans benefits: If you served in the military, you and your family may be entitled to certain benefits. Our firm is veteran-founded, and we are committed to helping you get the benefits you deserve.
- Trust administrations: Our lawyers can help you with establishing a trust and protecting your assets from the probate process.
- Pet trusts: You want to make sure that your pet is cared for after you pass away. A pet trust is a legal tool for leaving funds for your pet’s care and identifying a caregiver.
- Asset protection: There are legal measures you can take to protect the assets that you have spent your life earning.
- Business succession planning: With the help of our attorneys, you can ensure that your business will be in the right hands following your retirement or death.
- Conservatorships/guardianships: Your elderly loved one may need a person to manage their finances and affairs. Through the creation of a conservatorship (also known as a guardianship), you can establish care for your family member.
- Long-term care: We can help you make sure that your loved one’s needs are met.
- Probate: If your recently deceased loved one’s estate is in probate, we can assist with carrying out their wishes.
- Special needs planning: Do you have a family member with a mental or physical disability who needs specialized care? We can guide you through establishing a care plan for your loved one, as well as apply for benefits and support programs.
- Trust litigation: Are you involved in a dispute regarding a deceased loved one’s trust? Our team can provide knowledgeable legal advice.
How We Can Help You
When navigating the complex world of elder law, it is crucial to have an experienced advocate on your side. Once again, elderly people are very vulnerable, and legal decisions concerning the elderly can be rife with corruption and negligence. With a knowledgeable attorney to consult, you will have someone who is available to answer your questions, help you meet legal deadlines, and protect your rights and the rights of your elderly loved ones. From establishing long-term care plans to making posthumous arrangements, our elder law lawyers in Washington are here to assist you with all of your needs.
Contact Us Today
At OC Elder Law, our attorneys are dedicated to providing informed guidance and quality representation to our clients. If you are an older person who needs a lawyer or are involved in a legal issue concerning an elderly family member, get in touch with us to discuss the details of your case.
Call (800) 220-4205 or fill out our contact form to reach our team.