Marty Burbank wants to live in a world where children are healthy and safe, where seniors live without fear or pain, and where veterans are cared for and respected.
Marty is a featured expert in estate planning and elder law by Forbes and was recognized by the Orange County Register as one of the 100 most influential people in Orange County. He frequently speaks about seniors, our military veterans, their benefits, and the legal issues related to their care and quality of life. Marty has appeared on the Meredith Vieira Show and NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt. He is a teacher and author for the National Business Institute, Sothern California Institute, and Alzheimer’s Orange County. Marty is an adjunct professor in the Graduate Tax and Accounting Programs at California State University Fullerton.
When Marty is not working with veterans, seniors, and their families to protect their assets and secure their benefits, you can find him helping local children in need, alongside other Roosters, Rotarians (past President), or at Eastside Christian Church. He currently serves as a board member of Alzheimer's Orange County and the Vanguard University Foundation and Veterans Advisory Boards.
He is happiest when joined by his wife, Dr. Seon Chun-Burbank, in helping others. Whether Marty is helping chamber members make a business connection, helping a family in need, or ensuring children have access to education, helping others is what brings him the most joy.
Marty currently serves on the Board of Alzheimer’s Orange County, The Roosters Foundation, and Vanguard University Foundation. He is the past president of the Fullerton Rotary Club and past chair of the North Orange County Chamber of Commerce. During his 12-year naval career, he served as a Medical Deep-Sea Diver and as the Critical Care Department Senior Petty Officer at Balboa Naval Hospital.
Marty completed his bachelor’s degree in sociology from the State University of New York. After the Navy, he completed his juris doctor degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law where he earned honors in the area of trust law. He then earned a Master of Tax Law from Chapman University School of Law. Marty is s-l-o-w-l-y pursuing a Master of Divinity from the Fuller School of Theology.
- A 12-year veteran of the Navy, Medical Deep-Sea Diver working extensively with Navy Seal teams
Community Leadership & Experience
- Founder, Veteran’s Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Director, Executive Council, CSU Fullerton School of Business and Economics
- Advisory Board, Center for Entrepreneurship, CSUF
- Council Member, Southern California Army Advisory Council
- Co-Secretary, Rotary Club of Fullerton
- Vice President, Care Giving Solutions
- Director, Costa Mesa Senior Center
- Director, Spencer Hospice Foundation
- Planned Giving Chair, Roosters Foundation
- Advisor, Paralegal Studies, Coastline Community College
- Captain (JAG), United States Air Force Auxiliary
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Master of Law (Tax), Chapman University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Bachelor of Science, State University of New York
- Fullerton business owner / attorney & counselor, OC Elder Law. Focused on veterans’ benefits, elder law, wills and trusts, estate tax planning, asset protection, and real estate partnership/limited liability companies
- Chief Counsel, Genius Publishing, LLC.
- Advisory Council, Health Essentials, Inc.
- Adjunct Faculty (Asset Protection), Orange Coast College
- California State Bar
- US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- US District Court: Central District of California
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Peruvian Dental Association
- California Society of Tax Consultants
- Rotary District Conference
- Family Business Conference, Wayne State University
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, CSUF
- Fullerton resident
- Married to Dr. Seon Chun-Burbank, Professor of Early Childhood Education
- Disabled American Veterans
- American Legion Post 142
- Fullerton Chamber of Commerce
- Fullerton Elks Lodge
- Fullerton Rotary Club
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims