Fullerton Pet Trusts Attorneys
Protect Your Pet’s Future Today
At OC Elder Law, we understand that the bond between pets and their owners is special. Owning a pet can be life-changing, which is why so many pet owners decide to include their animals in their estate plan.
Our lawyers have years of experience and are familiar with the law, and we know which legal documents and estate planning tools you need to ensure your pet is cared for when you are no longer around or incapacitated.
What Is a Pet Trust?
A pet trust allows you to leave funds to pay for care expenses for your animal. With a pet trust, you name a person who will be in charge of managing and spending the funds in accordance with your written instructions.
Our legal team at OC Elder Law is here to take the time to discuss the following matters to help you establish the right type of trust for your animal:
- Specifying which animals are covered under the trust
- Naming a person to care for the animal
- Allocating how much money should be used for pet care expenses
- Drafting detailed caretaking instructions
- Enforcing the terms of the trust
Why You Need a Pet Trust
As a pet owner, you want to ensure that your furry friend is taken care of even after you’re gone. That’s where a pet trust comes in. By establishing a pet trust, you can name a caretaker for your pet, set aside funds for their care, and provide specific instructions for their well-being. Without a pet trust, your pet may be left to the mercy of relatives or even end up in a shelter.
Here are some reasons why you should consider setting up a pet trust:
- Peace of mind knowing your pet will be taken care of
- Ensuring your pet’s care is not dependent on family members or friends
- Providing specific instructions for your pet’s care, including diet, exercise, and medical treatment
- Preventing your pet from ending up in a shelter or being euthanized
- Designating a caretaker who is willing and able to care for your pet
How OC Elder Law Can Help
At OC Elder Law, we understand the importance of your pet’s well-being. Our Fullerton pet trusts attorneys can help you establish a comprehensive pet trust that meets your specific needs and ensures your pet’s future is secure. We also offer comprehensive estate planning services to protect your assets and provide for your loved ones. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Choosing the Right Trustee for Your Pet Trust
When creating a pet trust, one of the most important decisions you will make is choosing the right trustee. The trustee will be responsible for managing the funds and ensuring that your pet is taken care of according to your wishes. At OC Elder Law, we understand the importance of selecting a trustee who is reliable, trustworthy, and genuinely cares for your pet's well-being.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a trustee for your pet trust:
- Experience and knowledge in pet care: Look for a trustee who has experience in caring for pets and understands their needs. This can include someone who has owned pets themselves or has worked in the pet care industry.
- Financial responsibility: A trustee should be financially responsible and capable of managing the funds allocated for your pet's care. They should have a good understanding of budgeting and be able to make sound financial decisions.
- Emotional connection: It's important to choose a trustee who has a genuine love and affection for animals, particularly your pet. They should be willing to go above and beyond to ensure your pet's happiness and well-being.
- Availability and commitment: Your trustee should be available and committed to fulfilling their duties for the entire duration of your pet's life. They should be willing to provide the necessary care, attention, and support that your pet requires.
At OC Elder Law, we can help you select the right trustee for your pet trust. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive estate planning services and how we can help you protect your pet's future.
Pet Trust Disputes
Disputes among family members and beneficiaries of an estate are common when a person leaves behind funds for a pet.
From challenging the amount necessary for the animal’s care to claiming undue influence regarding the handling of funds, it’s crucial to consult with a skilled trust attorney if you want to leave money for your pet after you pass away.
Comprehensive Estate Planning Services in Southern California
Our legal team is here to use our extensive resources to help create a plan for your pet so you know they will be taken care of in the future.
We will guide you through all your options so you feel confident about the choices you make. You can count on the lawyers at OC Elder Law to be in your corner and to provide you with top-notch legal representation when you need us most.
Work with compassionate and experienced estate planning and elder law attorneys who will help you plan for the unknown and protect you and your loved ones.
Marty Burbank Attorney
Over Three Decades of Experience & Service the Community
Home Visits Available for Those Who Are Unable to Travel
Services Available in Spanish & Korean
Free 30 Minute Evaluation