Estate Planning & Probate in Southern California & Washington 

Fullerton Conservatorship Attorneys

Explore the Ways You Can Manage Your Loved One’s Affairs

As a person ages, they often lose the mental capacity to make wise, informed decisions about their finances or their day-to-day responsibilities. Though adults are generally assumed to be capable of managing their own affairs, some adults prove unable to do so. In these situations, it may be necessary to establish a conservatorship.

At OC Elder Law, our team understands California’s and Washington's laws governing conservatorships and can help you understand whether this is the right arrangement for your unique situation. Our Fullerton and Bellevue conservatorship attorneys offer personalized representation to clients looking for a way to protect their elderly or incapacitated family member’s rights and interests.

Call (800) 220-4205 or book your free 15-minute virtual consultation to learn more about conservatorships and see if this is the right arrangement for you.

What Is a Conservatorship?

A conservatorship is a legal arrangement that gives one person the responsibility of caring for an adult who can no longer care for themselves. A conservator has the right to make decisions about the impaired conservatee’s finances and personal care.

Conservatorships must be approved by a judge who deems the adult impaired and the arrangement necessary. A conservatorship is often necessary when a mentally incapacitated or elderly person has not made prior arrangements for their care, such as through a power of attorney.

Establish a Conservatorship to Protect Your Elderly Loved One

At OC Elder Law, we recognize that people seek conservatorships for many reasons. Whether your adult child is mentally incapacitated or your parent is exhibiting signs of dementia, a conservatorship can help you protect your loved one’s quality of life.

However, many of our conservatorship cases involve establishing conservatorships to successfully discharge adults from the hospital.

What is Conservatorship for the Elderly?

In many cases, family members seek conservatorships for their elderly parents or grandparents who cannot make medical or discharge decisions on their own. Too often, we see elderly patients stuck in hospitals they cannot sign themselves out of.

By establishing a conservatorship, an appointed conservator will have the power to sign the elderly patient out of the hospital and bring them home or to the proper care facility.

Request an initial consultation with our Fullerton and Bellevue conservatorship lawyers by calling (800) 220-4205. If you are ready to move forward with your estate planning, click here to book your 90-minute planning consultation.

Meet the Crew

Compassion, Experience & Integrity
  • Marty  Burbank Photo
    Marty Burbank


    Marty Burbank wants to live in a world where children are healthy and safe, where seniors live without fear or pain, and where veterans are cared for and respected. Marty is a featured expert in estate planning and elder law by Forbes and was recognized by the Orange County Register as one of the 100 most influential people in Orange County. He frequently speaks about seniors, our military veterans, their benefits, and the legal issues related to their care and quality of life. Marty has ...

OC Elder Law

What Sets Us Apart
  • Over Three Decades of Experience & Service the Community
  • Home Visits Available for Those Who Are Unable to Travel
  • Services Available in Spanish & Korean
  • Free 30 Minute Evaluation
Protect Your Treasures

Work with compassionate and experienced Estate and Elder Law attorneys who will help you plan for the unknown and protect your and your loved ones.


Start Your Jourey

Contact us today for your free evaluation. We can help avoid the choppy waters of not having a plan in place for you and your loved ones.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
Call 800-220-4205 or complete our online contact form today